Bay Area Gestalt Institute is a
non-profit psychotherapy and training collective in the Bay Area of California.
Our mission is to train and support a select number of extraordinary therapists through their internship process and licensure. Our therapists join our ranks after completing years of intensive study of gestalt psychotherapy at the Church Street Integral Counseling Center, after which a select few are welcome to join us as interns.
While our therapists represent a broad range of theoretical orientations, the foundation of our work is gestalt psychotherapy. We offer diverse trainings, process groups, supervision, and practice building support to our therapist interns, as well as the opportunity to be a part of a thriving and connected community of gestalt therapists.
On a yearly basis, Bay Area Gestalt Institute opens its doors to qualified post-Masters Marriage and Family Therapist Registered Interns from the Church Street Integral Counseling Center, and in particularly to those who are dedicated to practicing gestalt psychotherapy and who can participate in our community with curiosity, expertise, professionalism and a desire to serve.
An internship at bay area gestalt institute requires:
- 2-3 hours weekly participation in Monday community gatherings
- Administrative duties / Committee group participation
- Openness and desire to be a part of a gestalt community
- Working with a BAGI-approved supervisor
- Practice growing efforts on behalf of BAGI and yourself
- Best effort to participate in day long and weekend off-site retreats
An internship at Bay Area Gestalt Institute provides:
- A supportive Gestalt community
- Administrative support through licensure
- Reasonable membership fees
- Diverse referrals to support your own client outreach efforts
- Continuing training in gestalt psychotherapy in addition to other diverse training opportunities
- Weekly peer consultation groups
- Monthly process group for personal development
- Ongoing support in practice-building and clinical skills development